This is Why YOU Should Invest
- Health is key - Maintaining low sugar levels and staying true to this living beverage.
- Bucha Brew is a fast growing company in one of the hottest consumer spaces on the market - functional food and drink*
- We are the third biggest Canadian kombucha company*
- Highly scaleable-We have figured out to make quality consistent kombucha at scale
- 1500 accounts across western Canada
- Difference in packaging keeping sustainability at top of mind- We package in aluminum, its infinitely recyclable, lighter to ship and produced for us in North America
- We are the first national kombucha brand to enter the market with cans
- Our market positioning is a luxury, organic, small batch, raw and affordable
- Exploring European South Korean and Japanese markets for export
- We are investing in tech, e commerce, web optimization and online customer experience to build out and expand our direct to consumer sales
- We care deeply about preaching health and wellness, building a regenerative community and creating a resilient future💥
*2018 Neilson Data
Covid-19 Business Continuity
Everyone here at BB is still healthy 💃 and that is our priority.
The current crisis has actually reinforced that our mission and product is more critical than ever. The resounding continued positive response from our customers (the stores) and consumers (the drinkers) has galvanized our spirit to continue our journey! There is going to be a footnote next to the year 2020 - COVID19. We have adjusted our goals and targets to reflect this and we are confident that we will grow our consumers loyalty, bring new health conscious kombucha drinkers onboard and our community is only going to get bigger.
Bucha Brew is resilient, has the tenacity and grit to come out of this stronger and smarter. We are agile and have pivoted our goals to ensure we are meeting the market demand. We have an amazing collaborative team and we are confident that we will be able to ride this storm out together. Here are some examples of how we have shifted our thinking:
- Direct sales
Up by 5x and growing every week! (feel free to order some cans! Buchabrew.ca use the code communitea)
- We are using this time to pivot our focus to meet the needs of our direct consumers. We are optimizing our online experience, closing the gap between interest and customers making the purchase and we feel that these consumers will continue to order post COVID.
- Grocery business
- We are servicing all grocery accounts by phone, text and email. Continuing to grow the relationships we have, letting the managers know that we are there for them and really solidifying that trust it top priority here.
- Small food service business
- Our small food service business (restaurants and cafes) is understandably lost for now - and we really feel for these entrepreneurs
Who We Are
Bucha Brew is a beautifully unconventional craft kombucha that is here to help you feel better than your best
Over the next 5 years we are projecting massive growth across Canada, the US and in international markets. Here is how we are going to get there.
Kara Sam conceptualized Bucha Brew five years ago on a family vacation to Hawaii. Bored of water, tired of high sugar juice and sodas, and unable to consume alcohol due to baby responsibilities, kombucha was the ideal beverage. After a few test batches in her kitchen and having Whole Foods agree to carry Bucha Brew, Kara set off on a path to Bucha Brew's current reality- 1500 locations across the country, 12 team members and an 8500 sqft production facility.
What is Kombucha
Organic green and black teas are steeped in hot water and sweetened with organic cane sugar. A scoby is added (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast) and it is left to ferment until most of the sugar and caffeine have been metabolized. After filtration, fresh pressed juice is added to create our delicious line of authentic flavours.
We are in the midst of a booming industry that is growing at over 20% yoy and we think that this sector is only going to continue to grow as people realize how important is is to stay healthy! Kombucha is low in sugar, high in antioxidants, amazing for your digestion and low in sugar making it the perfect beverage for anytime in the day.
Why Bucha Brew
THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
In creating our booch, in how we hire, in how we live - in all that we do. We strive for perfection, with passion and perseverance.
THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX
We encourage all team members to think differently, with fresh eyes. We don't always drive between the lines or colour in the boxes, knowing that original solutions come from original thinking.
We have nothing to hide, and share it all, internally and externally. From our brewery tours to answering any questions about the product, just ask us!
WILDLY REGENERATIVE MINDSET
Living our mission & values, and sharing these generously within our communities - to be positively contagious, inspiring others and in turn, us. This is regenerative sustainable business in practice.
Fast Paced Growth
Launching in early 2016 Bucha Brew has grown rapidly over the last 4 years. We are currently producing ~25,000L of kombucha per month with the capacities in our current space to produce over 150,000L per month. We have completed our facility upgrades and are ready to push the envelope.
- In 2019 we grew from 350 accounts in BC and Alberta to 1500 accounts across Canada.
- Due to better margins and higher velocities we are streamlining our offering to produce and sell in can format only
- Consistently launching new flavours and product lines to keep our community engaged
We are doing a Solid for the Environment
WHY ARE WE SWITCHING FROM GLASS BOTTLES TO ALUMINUM CANS?
- lighter to transport=less emissions
- people are 34% more likely to recycle aluminium
- only 5% of the energy is needed to make a can from recycled materials
- less fragile
- 100% protected from uv light=longer shelf life (1 Year)
- cans are stackable
- lower retail price=more accessible and affordable
- amazing eye catching design that draws people in
Current Raise up to $250k
Pre-money valuation of $5.5M
$0.55 per share
Marketing and Advertising $82,000
- We received a $45,000 grant from BuyBC, we need to match $45,000 to be able to access the full amount of the grant. We will spend on new labels, online ad spend, web optimization, direct to consumer and strategic planning.
Culture Development (HR) $50,000
- New sales and marketing hires
Export Efforts $18,000
- We received a $55,000 grant from CanEx to start to export efforts for the UK, Japan and South Korea. This money will be used to match the grant for labelling, market research, travel and working capital.
Inventory/Working Capital $100,000
- We are launching our new line “Kombucha Lite” to stay on trend with consumer needs. Lower sugar, lower cals, outreach to the non kombucha drinker we need these funds for packaging and raw materials.
- Strategic industry sale
- Many large better for you brands look to acquire well recognized brands to build out their portfolio
- IPO or similar
- With our current investor base and market trends shifting towards health this is an option that could be viable
- Management buyout
- As we continue to grow into a profitable company an MBO is another strategy we might use to liquify shares.
Offerings on the platform contain forward-looking information. Forward-looking information includes statements that may predict, forecast, indicate or imply future plans, intentions, levels of activity, results, performance or achievements, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of the issuer to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. There can be no assurance that forward-looking information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information.